7 Fool-Proof Ways to Run a Successful Custom Scarf Fundraiser
Raising Money with a Custom Scarf Fundraiser is EASY! Use the 7 simple tips below & see how easy success can be.
1. Do a Pre-Sale! There are a number of reasons why running a pre-sale will contribute greatly to a successful Custom Scarf Fundraiser.
Initial Cost: If your team is concerned with the initial cost of starting a Custom Scarf Fundraiser, pre-selling scarves could be the solution to eliminating that concern. The sales made during this time can be used to cover the cost of production, and get things moving until your custom scarves arrive.
Generate Interest: Before your scarves arrive you can generate interest with your pre-sale. Ruffneck Scarves will produce a digital mock up design of your custom scarves that you can use in an email blast to your mailing list, put up on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), or on your organization’s website. You will sell some scarves and also create a buzz before the scarves even arrive!
Lighten Your Load: The more scarves you are able to sell during your pre-sale, the less you will have to sell later. Sites like bigcartel.com could be a big help with getting you started by creating a FREE online shop that can be linked to on your existing webpage.
Pre-Sale Discount: A great tactic to pre-sell scarves during your fundraiser is to offer a pre-sale discount. Many organizations offer deals to the early bird purchasers, even a small discount encourages people to purchase early. Discounting your scarves from $20 to $18 during pre-sale could be just enough motivation to get those early orders.
Idea of Demand: Another benefit of doing a pre-sale is getting a vague idea of your demand. It is not uncommon for organizations to sell out of scarves during a pre-sale. Luckily if that happens you can quickly get in touch with your Ruffneck Scarves Custom Scarf Specialist and look into increasing your order to keep up with demand.
Visit the Fundraising Page at RuffneckScarves.com to download a Fundraising Pre-Sale Template to help you get started pre-selling your custom scarves.
2. Spread the Word. It is impossible to run a successful fundraiser if no one even knows you’re having one, so spread the word!
3. Make Them Available. So people keep hearing about these awesome scarves you’re selling but they have no clue where to get them? That is a problem! In order to successfully sell your scarves they need to be available when and where supporters of your organization are going to be.
Social media: An obvious place to start would be sharing your Custom Scarf Fundraiser via social media. Post pictures of your team, club, or organization sporting their flashy new scarves and be sure to include a link to where they can get their own!
Newspaper/Newsletter: An often overlooked place to spread word of your fundraiser is through a newspaper, or newsletter. Particularly for high school or college groups, getting in touch with the newspaper staff to run a feature about your swanky new scarves is an easy and free way to let the entire school know about your fundraiser.
Email List: Many organizations keep record of some sort of email list which may include alumni, students, teachers, parents, or recent visitors to your school or organization. These list are a great market to reach out to because they are already tied to or interested in your organization. Develop a concise message about your fundraiser, include a photo of the scarf, and a link of where to purchase they’ll be jumping to get their hands on one!
Make an Announcement: Before your match, at an assembly, on your school’s radio channel or news broadcast make an announcement. Let people know you’ve got scarves and they need them.
Word of Mouth: Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell your peers. Tell your coworkers. Tell the person you’re sharing the elevator with. One of the fastest ways to spread news is word of mouth, and besides that making a personal touch point is a great way to bring people in to help your cause. Let them know how great the scarves you’re selling are, and how the money raised will benefit your organization.
4. Choose an Inclusive Design. There are literally unlimited ways to customize your scarves with Ruffneck. You can choose your own colors, logos, text, and more to create the perfect unique scarf for your organization. But with so many options, sometimes it is easy to get carried away and lose sight of the end goal which is to raise funds for your team. Your scarf should be designed with this goal in mind, and the best way to reach that goal is to appeal to as many potential customers as possible. One of the best ways to appeal to a wider range of people is to choose a more general inclusive design.
At Games: If you’re a sports organization, it is imperative to have your scarves available at your games. Setting up a simple merchandise table will allow you to easily service your game day fans, who will be thrilled to have a new way to show their support.
Outside Common Areas or Cafeteria: High traffic areas like the cafeteria are another great place to sell scarves, and reach people who may not make it out to games. Always ask permission from administration prior to setting up in these locations.
Pick-Up Location: Having a pick-up location can be a great way to ease distribution and increase sales. If you ran a pre-sale, announcing a pick-up location with specific dates and times will make fulfilling those early orders a snap, and can also serve as a place for new customers to make purchases. An adviser or coach’s office could serve as a great pick-up location.
Example: The Lost Lake High School Lancer’s Soccer team is designing scarves for their Custom Scarf Fundraiser. They scarves have their school colors, mascot, and name so there is plenty of team spirit in the design, but by excluding the word soccer their scarves now appeal to a wider range of supporters. With this more general design not only can they sell their scarves to the soccer team & supporters, but to Lancer football fans, LLHS alumni, staff members, general students, and more!
5. Get the Community Involved! Everyone likes to feel included and when you let your community feel involved in important decisions, such as helping to design or decide on your custom scarf design, they will be more likely to make purchases down the road. Holding a Scarf design contest is super simple. You can use THIS scarf design template to let members of your community get involved and submit potential scarf designs. Please also know Ruffneck Scarves will create digital mock up scarf designs for FREE. You can choose a few of your favorite designs and call upon your community to take a vote for their favorite. The community involvement will increase interest & you will also know which scarf is appealing to the most people. Sounds like a win-win, and sites like surveymonkey.com and kwiksurvey.com make voting a snap.
6. Incentivize Selling. Fundraisers are for the whole team’s benefit, whether it’s to raise money for new uniforms, travel expenses, equipment, or a killer end of season banquet the whole team shares in the reward, so the whole team should participate. One way to make fundraising fun is adding a bit of competition or incentive to sell. Perhaps the top three sellers don’t have to run sprints at Friday’s practice. Or anyone who sells 10+ scarves earns their own scarf for free. There are dozens of different ways inspire your fundraising sales team, so get creative!
7. Show Them Off!!! One of the best ways to sell your custom scarves is also the easiest, just wear it! You’ll be shocked by how many people enquire about your new accessory and want to know where they can get one. It seems so obvious but had to be mentioned, because it is super effective. Don’t be surprised if someone wants to buy the scarf right off your neck! When people see how functional, fashionable, and spirited your custom scarves are they will jump at the chance to pick one up.
Leave a Reply