Designing your team’s soccer scarves can be a blast! Tap into your creative side as you play with the various types of scarves and fabric styles, mixed in with your team colors and a variety of team chants that you think reflect the core values of your club. It can be a delightful experience and one that can produce great product representing your team. However, concocting your own style of scarf can be a tall order. There are countless things to take into consideration; what is your team’s overall image? What type of scarf will likely sell the best? What should your scarves say? Fortunately, Ruffneck Scarves has a team of experienced designers to help produce the top quality scarves you covet for your soccer club. But of course you will certainly want to come into this world with some idea of what you want to create. Here are the 5 most important things to think about when making your scarf designs:
- Team Colors – Most soccer teams have just 2 or 3 colors, and your scarfs should probably stick close to that number as well. This isn’t time to get too playful and make a vibrant work of art! Besides, if your scarves have just as much of the opposing team’s colors as your own, who are the fans really supporting in the stands? You want to use the scarf colors to clearly depict your team or school. This way, there’s no confusion as to who’s rooting for who, and they’ll look better too.
- Design Style – Also important is the general aesthetic of the scarves. Designs like argyle, classic bar, checkered, and others call back to different types of teams and institutions. For example, a preparatory school may want to display the diagonally focused argyle style to show a bit of distinguished flair, while an amateur adult league team may prefer the checkers, reflecting more of the hardworking ethic they espouse on the field. It’s all up to personal preference, but you certainly want to appeal to your fan base. Often the standard bar style is the safest way to go.
- Message – Many soccer scarves include a written phrase or team chant. This can be great when fans hold up the scarves and stretch them wide, revealing the message for all to see. The best phrases are the simplest because they allow for the largest font. Something like “Go Tigers” is way better than “The Tigers are the Best Team Ever” because people across the field may actually see what’s written on it! Be sure to keep the message true to your team identity.
- Type of Scarf – Another thing to think about is the kind of scarf you want to use (yes, there are more than 1!). The traditional jacquard knit scarf is the most affordable, and features the team crest woven directly into the fabric. Meanwhile the embroidered scarf enables the crest to be sewn in, providing higher definition. The lightweight HD summer scarf utilizes sublimated printing to offer practically any design or image you want on to the scarf. However, the scarf won’t be keeping fans terribly warm! Consider where you live and what’s more important for your team’s needs.
- Scope of Fundraiser – It’s wise to think about the business aspect of your fundraising endeavor when designing your team’s custom scarves. What may look really cool to you might not sell. You want to bring forth a scarf that not only looks great, but that also speaks to the club’s history and makes fans want to own one. These things can be accomplished together with a little forethought and help from Ruffneck Scarves. Happy scarf designing!